Monday, December 22, 2008

Hanerot Halalu

Tis the season to be jolly.

Tonight is the first night of chanukah and I have, so far, spent the evening 'figure skating' with my dad's side of the family... It was pretty fun, for about 10 minutes. Then I appointed myself onto photographer duty so that I had an excuse to stand still.

(To be posted soon)

I like when the festival of lights overlaps with the day of Christ's birth.  It makes for a multicultural christmas up at my aunt's farm.

I enjoy making holiday compilations to listen to on the way up to Port Perry, hometown of Emily VanCamp, but I gotta say, the chanukah songs are terrible in comparison to christmas tunes.  I think it's about time that Adam Sandler gets off his Christmas-making movie ass and writes another chanukah song...

In the meantime, here are the lyrics to Chanukah, Chanukah, the yiddish version:

Chanukah, Chanukah, chag yafe kol kach

Or Chaviv misaviv, gil l'yeled rach.

Chanukah, Chanukah, s'vivon sov sov
Sov sov sov, sov sov sov, ma na-im va-tov.


on a more important note:

T'is also my darling sister Laura's 23rd birthday.
 
What a great 23 years it has been!!!!!

No comments: