Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SOUPFEST

Such a slacker lately with this shitty blog.
Not that anyone cares, but i am disappointing myself, and probably sasha. and now maybe orien!


EXXXCITING NEWS! TODAY WAS SOUPFEST, which is always the most scrumptious day of the year.  Dallas and I went down to the Convention centre to simultaneously fill up on soup and support a local shelter.

23 local restaurants and catering companies participated in the event.

$10 buys you 4 tickets for 4 oz. bowls of soup.

After perusing through the 23 different booths, you decide which of these fine soups you're going to cash your ticket in for.

If you're good, you can ask for a sample.
and if you're that good, you can convince the booth you will vote for them if they just give you a soup for free.

I was full by the time i spent my last ticket.
Then Dal and I went to vote.
We didn't totally agree on everything, but we also didn't have the same soups either.

This is how i voted:

BEST SOUP: Nina's Restaurant (Cauliflower Gorgonzola)


runner up: London Tap House (peanut butter chicken)


third place: Collin's Brewhouse (Mulligatawny)


***THIS JUST IN****
my father just texted me from soupfest
and said that the COLLINS cleaned up!!!!
They won BEST SOUP and BEST DISPLAY!!!
Dundas forever, supercity never!

1 comment:

sashaleazy said...

Dad's the hugest mass-texter EVERRRR

AND YES, I was disappointed.