Wednesday, October 8, 2008

bloody wax

I had a bikini and leg wax scheduled for 2pm today.
Of course, last night, I get my period.

So today I sent a poll out to some of my girlfriends, asking whether or not I should cancel.
Almost all said yes. Due to smell and sensitivity issues.
But I once spoke about this issue with my sister's best friend, who is an aesthetician.
She said she waxes period-ridden veegees all the time, which got me thinking, is it that big of a deal??

Then, I remembered!!
My friend Zoe once told me this horror story of her aesthetician friend who so graciously willed to brazilian wax an unnamed woman on her period.
It was a flawless procedure, until the wax strip horrifically attached itself to the tampon string.
When she quickly removed the strip, she
 unknowingly ripped out the tampon and flung it across the room.














Needless to say, I cancelled my appointment.